Uganda pre-med internship programs for high school and college students
Are you a student looking for Uganda pre-med internships to gain first-hand medical shadowing experience in Africa in preparation for application to medical school? Msafiri tours have Pre-Medical Shadowing Internship opportunities in Uganda for pre-med students, undergraduates, and medical students.
Participants in Uganda pre-med internship program will shadow for up to 25 hours a week. Our Uganda pre-med shadowing gives students insight into the day-to-day responsibilities of healthcare professionals in Africa serving huge patient inflows in understaffed and under-resourced environments.
You will be exposed to a new healthcare system different from what you are accustomed to and interact with diseases prevalent in developing countries. We ensure that the clinical experience you garner in the medical internship program abroad is lifelong rich and rewarding.
Besides shadowing, the pre-med summer internships in Uganda give visiting students the opportunity to volunteer in Uganda community outreach programs providing preventive health education, interacting with the local communities, and getting immersed in African culture.
Our pre-med volunteer program in Uganda will give you a chance to make a difference as you study and will give you better understanding of where your professional passions lie.
We also have customized medical internships in Uganda for high school students interested in medicine.
Mentorship/ Doctor Shadowing in your Pre-med Study in Uganda
You will be introduced to the hospital by a Msafiri tours coordinator. After which, your mentor will ensure you are under professional supervision at all time.
You will have a dedicated registered Ugandan doctor as your mentor. He/ she will help you meet your pre-med abroad objectives by providing informal teaching of basic clinical skills and sharing personal insights concerning the medical career. This helps you to make a sober choice before embarking in years of study.
You will shadow Ugandan doctors as they perform procedures, diagnose conditions, prescribe treatment, provide patient care, and navigate Uganda hospital life.
You will need to keep a journal during your pre-med study program in Uganda and ask many questions as you like. You and your mentor will develop a relationship which will enable your mentor to write an honest, reflective letter of recommendation for medical school once you return back home.
Our Msafiri tours staff in Uganda will maintain daily communications with your supervisor to monitor your learning experience for the duration you will be in Uganda.
Why chose Uganda for your pre-med program?
A pre-med medical experience in Uganda-Africa will give you the first-hand clinical experience needed for your medical career. Here is what to expect from Uganda pre-med hospital internships:
- You will Shadow experienced Uganda healthcare professionals in a hospital environment with various medical departments.
- You will get a deeper understanding of African health issues and gain cultural intelligence.
- You are a pre-med volunteer in Uganda which will enable you to take part in Community outreaches, healthcare awareness projects, visiting orphanages, village projects, local schools, youth projects and so on.
- This pre-med placement in Uganda will enhance your skills communication, improve your confidence, equip you with leadership skills, improve your resilience, organizing, planning, time management, and teamwork when dealing with your mentor, patients, and colleagues.
What you will do on a pre-med placement in a Ugandan Hospital?
The Medical ethical standards in Uganda cannot allow our medical internship students from abroad directly get involved in surgery; but there may be small opportunities in some places.
- Our pre-medical observership programs in Uganda follows guidelines for premedical and medical students providing patient care during clinical experiences in Uganda.
- You will be under the supervision of registered Ugandan health care professional, pre-med interns on placement will learn how to take patients’ medical history and maybe record patient’s symptoms for doctors.
- Participants will gain medical exposure to differing healthcare delivery systems in Uganda-Africa. Interns in the program will engage in healthcare professions through organised health care tutorials delivered by local professionals
Here is what Is Included in the Uganda pre-med internships .
We want to make your pre-med and shadowing experience in Uganda authentic, fun, memorable, adventurous, and hassle-free program tailored to your individual needs. We will support you and guide you all through your pre-med placement in Uganda, right from start to finish. Here is what is included in the placement.
- A comprehensive pre-departure guide.
- Airport transfers at Entebbe in Uganda.
- Designated mentors and support from local Ugandan staff.
- Shadowing physicians and other medical professionals.
- Safe and comfortable accommodation complete with in-house catering support staff.
- Transport to your clinical placement location.
- Certificate of participation on program completion.
- Volunteer activities as scheduled by our local staff.
- An optional chance to explore and travel: safaris, excursions, day trips, culture tours, mountaineering.